North Staffs Heritage has completed its preliminary research into the history of primary and secondary education in The Potteries.
During 2021/22, we shall be researching the growth of vocational training and further education in Stoke-on-Trent and looking at the histories of:
- Cauldon College
- Stoke-on-Trent College
- Stoke-on-Trent College of Art
- Stoke-on-Trent College of Building
- Stoke-on-Trent College of Commerce
- The Elms Technical College
- The North Staffordshire Technical College
- The Northern College of Further Education and
- The University Quarter.
For more information about this research programme email firstname.lastname@example.org
North Staffs Heritage is researching the history of education in North Staffordshire and The Potteries.
This long term research programme will last for at least three years and will study in-depth the development of primary, secondary, further and higher education.
Research topics include:
- late 18th century day and Sunday schools
- mechanics institutes and art schools
- dame schools and elementary schools
- industrial schools and reformatories
- pupil teachers and teacher training colleges
- vocational and professional training
- primary and secondary education
- technical colleges and colleges of further education
- colleges of higher education, polytechnics and universities.