Spotlight is researching the history of education in North Staffordshire and The Potteries. This long term project will look at the development of primary, secondary, further and higher education in our area.
The research topics will include:
- late 18th century day schools and Sunday schools
- mechanics institutes and art schools
- dame schools and elementary schools
- industrial schools and reformatories
- pupil teachers and teacher training colleges
- vocational and professional training
- 20th century primary and secondary education
- technical colleges and colleges of further education
- colleges of higher education, polytechnics and universities.