North Staffs Heritage is researching the history of education in North Staffordshire and The Potteries.
This long term research programme will last for at least three years and will study in-depth the development of primary, secondary, further and higher education.
Research topics include:
- late 18th century day and Sunday schools
- mechanics institutes and art schools
- dame schools and elementary schools
- industrial schools and reformatories
- pupil teachers and teacher training colleges
- vocational and professional training
- primary and secondary education
- technical colleges and colleges of further education
- colleges of higher education, polytechnics and universities.