RESEARCHING THE HISTORY OF EDUCATION
North Staffs Heritage is researching the history of education in North Staffordshire and The Potteries.
This comprehensive long-term project will study in-depth the development of Primary, Secondary, Further and Higher Education.
Research topics include:
- Grammar and Charity Schools
- Mechanics Institutes and Art Schools
- Dame Schools, Sunday Schools and Elementary Schools
- Industrial Schools and Reformatories
- Pupil Teachers and Teacher Training Colleges
- Apprenticeships and Vocational Training
- Primary and Secondary Schools
- Technical Colleges and Colleges of Further Education
- Colleges of Higher Education, Polytechnics and Universities